WHO WE ARE
Farmhand Ltd is a Company incorporated in Ireland with Company Number 325523 whose registered office is at 18/20 Merville Road, Stillorgan, Co Dublin. Registered VAT number is IE 6345523L
The Company respects your right to privacy and will only process personal data you provide to us in compliance and accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003.
If you have any questions about how the Company collects, stores and uses personal data, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact the Company by any of the following means:
Email us at email@example.com
Telephone us on 00353 1 8129700
The Company does not and will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use this Website or submit any personal data unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
When you make purchases from Farmhand (including purchases made in-store, over the phone, or via catalogue order forms or this Website) the Company may collect the following personal data about you :
* your name, age and sex;
* your billing and delivery postal addresses, phone, fax and e-mail details;
* where you have registered with us, your user name and password;
* where you place an order with us, your payment card details;
* your communication and shopping preferences;
* your browsing and on line shopping activities; and
* your date of birth.
Farmhand Ltd (and third party data processors acting on our behalf) may collect, store and process your personal data:
* to make this Website available to you and to provide you with content which is tailored to your individual tastes;
* to maintain any registered account that you hold with the Company ;
* with your agreement, to contact you (including by SMS and e-mail) about promotional offers and products and services which the Company thinks may interest you and for customer satisfaction and market research purposes;
* to provide goods and services to you and for associated purposes, including verifying your identity;
* for research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administrative purposes; and
* for any related purposes, or where there is a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (including for crime and fraud prevention and related purposes).
The Company also processes your payment card details in order to complete any purchase that you make through this Website and, in certain instances, disclose your personal data to third party credit reference agencies to perform credit checks against you. When you place an order, the Company may offer to retain your payment card details for your convenience to save you having to re-enter these details on a future occasion. However, if you prefer that the Company does not maintain these details, you can go to 'My Account', click on ‘Edit or delete a credit card’ and delete any card information held.
In addition, the Company may collect anonymised details about visitors to our Website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details that is collected for these purposes.
In the event that a third party acquires all or part of our business and/or assets, the Company may disclose your personal data to that third party soley in connection with the acquisition. Furthermore, the Company reserves the right to disclose your personal data to third parties as part of any business or asset sale carried out because Farmhand Ltd or other Farmhand Group companies has gone into insolvency or any similar situation, but only where lawful and compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Company may also disclose your personal data where necessary to comply with applicable law or an order of a governmental or law enforcement body.
Personalised banner advertising
Targeted updates and marketing
If you have agreed that the Company can contact you for marketing purposes the Company may send you emails and other communications relating to products and services which the Company thinks will be of interest and relevance to you as an individual. The Company does this by monitoring the browsing and on-line shopping habits of customers and providing them with information on products they have viewed and related products.
Who sets the cookies?The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access this website are set by the Company, our suppliers who partner with the Company to help deliver a high quality website and on-line shopping experience, and other third parties. Some cookies are set by or on behalf of the Company and are necessary to enable customers to a make purchases on our website.
Cookies may also be set by third parties who participate with us in affiliate marketing programmes. None of these third parties collect any personal data from which they would be able to identify individual customers.
What are cookies used for?The main purposes for which cookies are used are:-
1. For technical purposes essential to effective operation of website, particularly in relation to on-line transactions.
3. To enable the Company to collect information about the browsing and shopping habits and activities of customers, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
4. To enable the Company to meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
How do I disable cookies?If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use and we provide further detail below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:-
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
Click on the “privacy” tab
Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Mozilla firefox:
Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
Click on the icon “privacy”
Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable 3rd party cookies you will not be prevented from making purchases on this site. If you disable all cookies you will be unable to complete a purchase on this site.
The Company uses Internet standard encryption technology ("SSL" or "Secure Socket Layer" technology) to encode personal data that you send when placing an order through the Website. To check that you are in a secure area of the Website before sending personal data to us, please look at the bottom right of your website browser and check that it displays an image of a closed padlock or an unbroken key.
However, please note that whilst the Company take appropriate and reasonable technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal data that you provide, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that the Company cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the Internet to the Company and the Company will not be liable for any loss either direct or indirect loss, claims or damage arising from the transfer of such data.
If you are using a computer or terminal in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session for your security. In addition we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety:
Keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
When creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this by going to ‘My Account’ and clicking ‘Change name, email or password’.
Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
The Company will never ask you to confirm any account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Farmhand or other Farmhand Group companies asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
You have the following rights:
* the right to ask what personal data that the Company holds about you at any time (aside from the reasonable costs of reproducing the data the Company will not charge you for providing this information to you and to receive a response within 21 days);
* the right to ask the Company to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that the Company holds about you free of charge.
* the right to opt out of any marketing communications that the Company may send you;
* the right to have any personal data the Company holds about you erased or blocked within 40 days of the receipt of such a request from you; and
* the right to request the Company to cease processing your personal data where such processing is likely to cause substantial distress or damage.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact the Company using the contact details specified above. However, if you wish to unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications that the Company sends you, you can most easily do this by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any e-mail newsletter sent to you or, alternatively, by visiting the Company e-mail newsletter preference centre.
Third party sites
Updates to this policy